Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bonus Post :)


Well I'm feeling kind of charitable today ... and so I made a quick batch of "Irish" cookies this afternoon .. They came out SO good That I am now sharing them with you ... Only one thing is necessary to get you to read more I guarantee it  ....
Ahem Do I have your attention ??

Now I present ... Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies . 


Look at those ingredients .. I mean, there's nothing "over the top" but goddamn .... everything is So delicious.



Get the butter, and sugars down in the mixer, and stir it up .. little darlin' stir it up.. 



One single little lonely egg .. ( Unless you double the batch .. Double the batch ..... I will next time )



Vanilla.. No I don't measure, but 2 ish tsp's .. 



Creamy Goodness..... I mean Baileys... I mean heaven.



The dry's...



I tossed in 8 oz of chocolate chips.. maybe more like 9...  with the flour .. and got it allll mixed together .... ( The original recipe suggested nuts and coconut, but I found all this unnecessary.. I just wanted a simple cookie .. and I feel my decision was a good one.)



Look at it .. isn't it delightful ??



get those babies on a prepared cookie sheet ...

360 ( yes 360 degrees, not 350, not 375 . ) for 10-12 min . 




These cookies don't move much when they bake .. they puff up a little .. but they certainly don't flatten out .. so make sure you take that into account when you bake them ... 

They are delicious.. The Baileys is resounding when you bite into the cookies and the chocolate makes you feel like your eating a little piece of a mudslide.. so wonderful .. make these.. I'm telling you -- You'll love them !




Original recipe can be found here :

http://pies-cookies-squares.suite101.com/article.cfm/irish-cookie-recipes-for-st-patricks-day

My recipe is as follow :

Bailey’s Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies


  • ½ cup sweet softened butter
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • ½ cup Bailey’s original Irish cream
  • 2 ¼ cups cake flour
  • ½ teaspo0n baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 8-9 oz  package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Cream together butter, sugars and egg until fluffy. Add vanilla and Bailey’s Irish cream.
  2. Mix the dry ingredients and blend them into the creamed mixture.
  3. Add chips, Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
  4. Cool, then devour... ( ok.. devour one warm .. it's worth it! ) 


Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look amazing Li

Anonymous said...

These look really good girl! I'm totally going to make them. <3 Molly

Lisamarie on March 16, 2010 at 12:06 PM said...

Thanks Molly!! They are good- VERY Baileys-ish .. and a nice chewy cookie. Yum , They are ALL gone 1 day later.... ( But girl, theres not much that can Beat you cookies.. wish I had your recipe! )

Post a Comment

 

I'm Half Doomed And You're Semi Sweet... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice