Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bad Blogger....


Bad Bad Baddddd Blogger.. It is true .. I bake .. I document ...I forget to blog .. I can't help it! My life get's so busy sometimes that once I finish the whole baking, picture taking , then EATING process .. I just  push the blogging about it aside .. and I forget that YOU guys lose out .. I am trying not to do that so often ... Luckily, I have some post's to catch up on ... and you will benefit from my laziness . I promise!!!

I've got some Blueberry Muffins, some Tiramisu Cupcakes ( TO DIE FOR) and  a Carrot Cake Cheesecake on deck for you ....  Ready ? Set ! BLOG!




Blueberry Muffins:

Recipe Adapted From Allrecipes.com's Blueberry Cream Muffin's. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blueberry-Cream-Muffins/Detail.aspx

The key ingredient in this recipe for me is the sour cream... Also, this muffin would be good with ANY fruit, Peaches, Apples, Pears, Raspberries.. I'm not kidding , It might be the best muffin base known to man.
Oil...

eggs... 


Vanilla is key for me  I always add it, no matter the recipe ( or amaretto) even if the recipe doesn't call for it .... a tsp or two never hurts.

Doesn't that look divine ? I used Dark brown Sugar... You may use Light but expect your slurry to be a bit Lighter (duh) in color. 

Next , the sour cream . YUM !

Followed by the dry ingredients.  ( This is also where I would add , If I were adding any extra spices , cinnamon , nutmeg,  whatever you like ...  to the batter , in this case Nothing ) 


Next fold in your Blues .. And be gentle you don't want to puncture them ... They are wonderful JUST the way they are.. I always use  more than the recipe calls for .. two pints from the grocery store.. Or whatever I have on hand. 


Fille'r up - 3/4 fullish . 
Bake .


DEVOUR. 
that is the only crappy shot I got of the finished product ... because I ate them all very quickly. I also rounded out that each muffin has about 150 calories in it . if made in a standard size muffin pan .. a perfect morsel for breakfast if I do say so myself.



TIRAMISU CUPCAKESSSS

Start with a basic white cake/ yellow/ whatever you like best . I'm sorry to say I cannot share a recipe .. mostly because I haven't found one that I like best ... :( This one was good for the cause ... but I don't really remember what it was .. so hell if you like box cake .. Use a box , what do I care. but if you like tiramisu .. make these. TRUST ME. 

For the filling you'll need one package of Mascarpone Cheese.   Smooth Ricotta would work in a pinch . 

Mix together with Amaretto , and powdered sugar ( both really to taste) Until you get a filling like consistency that would be easy to pipe into a cupcake.


Like So. 

Next I made a coffee/Espresso Frosting ( of which I am dumb and didnt take pictures of) The run down was .  2 sticks butter, 8 cups sifted powdered sugar, pinch of salt , cooled brewed espresso blend starbucks coffee ( Or any bold coffee, can even use instant)  and if you can find it, some coffee extract to up the flavor ...  mix all butter and sugar and salt , use about 1-2 tsp extract, and then slowly add the coffee while mixing  pausing in between small additions so that the frosting has time to come together . once it reaches the proper  consistency.  You're done!


I use an apple core to remove the center of each cupcake ( You can see this in previous posts) and then fill each cupcake with the cheese filling.... At this point , I would also take a tsp or so of of remaining coffee and drizzle over each cupcake... before frosting  them... But then frost, with a large star tip .. and then  dust some cocoa and powdered sugar over each cupcake.. and you will be WOWED...



One of the best cupcakes I've ever eaten . 


My Post for the Carrot Cake Cheesecake , with Pineapple Cream Cheese Buttercream will be coming shortly.. along with a Triple Chocolate "Boston Cream" cake... so Stay tuned :)

Have a great day Lovlies!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

I'm Half Doomed And You're Semi Sweet... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice