Sunday, April 24, 2011

Coconut Cream Layer Cake.


 Easter, I have decided to put a spin on the classic Coconut Bunny Cake

I am making a Coconut Cake, with Coconut Cream Filling and a Vanilla Bean Buttercream, and Garnished with Toasted Coconut .... Sorry Bunny.

For the Cake I used a basic Sour cream Cake recipe.
  • 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups sour cream

I made the following changes, 
-add coconut extract, maybe 1 1/2 tsp..
- add flaked coconut, apx 1/2 cup.

Bake in a 350 degree oven,  for apx 45 min in well floured 8 inch pans. 

You will come out with the most gorgeous coconut cake you've ever seen ... you could EASILY slap some frosting and more flaked coconut on this bad bot and call it a day... However that just isn't me . 

I made a package of instant coconut cream pudding, with 1 1/2 cups Heavy cream and 1/2 cup whole milk. This will become the filling, if I don't eat it all first... 

After the cakes came out, I sliced each layer in 1/2 , cooled ... and then assembled... ( with Vanilla Bean Buttercream )


Layer, Filling, Layer, Buttercream, Layer , Filling, Layer, Buttercream and Toasted Coconut... See how it turned out below :)




I will try to post an additional picture of the slice later..... But I may just devour this whole :)



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW!!! That is one adorable scrumptious looking cake!!! You are Hired!!!!

Post a Comment

 

I'm Half Doomed And You're Semi Sweet... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice